December 5, 2010

Chocolate Play Dough!

 

I have never much liked store bought play dough. I think it's the smell of it that mainly puts me off. But year after year I have continued to buy it, never considering making any of my own. I have always thought that there would be far too much work involved. How wrong could I be! I first tried a no-cook recipe, as I tend to avoid the stove at all costs, but it wasn't very successful. I then came across this recipe at My Montessori Journey (via Counting Coconuts). What a pleasure to make! And it's just the best playdough to play with! This, pictured here, is my second batch and as you can see I decided to be a little adventurous. I made two batches with different amounts of cocoa added (10ml and 50ml). Little One tried to eat it a few times, but a taste or two of the salty doughy mixture and he spat it out very quickly!

I recently spoke to some girlfriends of mine who have never made play dough either. This one is especially for you ladies. Have fun!

PS. To keep your dough lasting well, store in an airtight container in the fridge.

PPS. I'm linking this to  Show and Tell @ ABC and 123.

{Added at a later date:  A nicer and easier play dough recipe (in my opinion) found here.}

3 comments:

Caz said...

I love scented playdough! Ive never made chocolate before though, this will have to go on our to do list (with a chocolate snack on the side, just for sustenance ;-D).

Unknown said...

Oooo, chocolate playdough! This sounds great and I'll have to try it.

EmilyM said...

I was thinking of doing a peppermint play dough this week, but it just might change to chocolate now. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...